A message from Community Director Rob Smith:
Ever since I joined the club in 1996, I have had the privilege of being part of the community scheme which has seen huge growth over the years. As well as running two community facilities we provide a diverse range of community projects, activities and events all year round. By doing this we are able to have a positive impact on local people on a daily basis.
As a self-financing charity we now need a period of stability. Sometimes you need to take stock and that’s what we are doing at the moment. Looking to the immediate future, the key areas that we will focus on are to
- Celebrate the 25th Year Anniversary with a host of events and a commemorative book.
- Secure funding and agree designs for the Meriden Community Centre Play Area.
- Finalise plans for the Cedars Youth and Community Centre extension.
- Agree and launch a brand-new strategy for the Trust.
- Start a new three-year mental health project for children and young adults.
The journey so far with the Trust has been about people, it’s the people that have made the success to date. There are still huge amounts to do, but when I look around the people that I’m sitting next to I know that it’s in safe hands because I see the passion, I work with them on a daily basis and I see what it means to them. Any success we’ve had is about the people, the volunteers, everybody involved in supporting the Trust on a daily, weekly basis.